Bizhub Asia commits to using and storing the personal data collected in the recruitment system solely for recruitment purposes.
In the event that Bizhub Asia should call on third parties to process job applications, in the name of and on behalf of Bizhub Asia Pte Ltd, the said third parties shall commit, by signing a Confidentiality Agreement, to:
Complying with the standards in effect with regard to personal data protection;
Protecting confidentiality of the personal data;
Respecting the purpose sought.
Collection & Protection of Personal Data
Personal data are defined as information which allows to identify the applicants and which might make it possible to contact them. These include:
– Surnames and names;
– Telephone or fax numbers;
– Email addresses;
– Or any information making it possible to identify applicants.
Bizhub Asia will only collect the personal data regarding the applicants, aside from that which they provide themselves. This means that applicants will be free to choose not to communicate personal data. However, in that event, it is important to note that if the information is essential to processing the request, their request may not be processed.
Your privacy is important to us. We’re committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. Bizhub Asia complies with privacy laws and Singapore’s National Privacy Principles as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality.
This explains how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use and disclose that information. It also provides some details about your privacy rights, along with our general rights and obligations in relation to the personal information we keep on record.
At Bizhub Asia, protecting your personal data is important to us. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and maintained at all times. Bizhub Asia complies with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) as well as our existing obligations of confidentiality.
This personal data protection policy explains how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use and disclose that information.
Collection of Your Personal Data
Your personal information will be collected by Bizhub Asia for its own use and on behalf of other members of the Bizhub Asia group of companies, who might require access to your personal information in connection with your work placements.
Collected Personal Data when attending an interview with us
Personal information will be collected from you directly when you attend an interview with one of our staff members. At this time you will complete our registration paperwork or any other information in connection with your application to us for registration.
Personal information will also be collected when we receive:
– any reference about you;
– results of inquiries that we might make with your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body;
– performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
– complaint from or about you in the workplace;
– any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
– a response from a job advertisement – either written, verbal or email
– any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved;
– you provide us with any additional information about you
– the results of your work rights status;
– the results of any competency or medical test;
Collection of Personal Data when visiting our website
You can visit our website and browse without the need to disclose any personal information.
When you visit Bizhub Asia website, we record anonymous information such as the date and time of your visit, the server/IP address, which site was visited and the information viewed and/or downloaded. The information gathered cannot be directly matched to an individual and is only used for administration and statistical purposes such as error logging. The information cannot tell us anything about you, it can only tell us about how you used our website. This information can help us determine what areas of our website are most beneficial to our visitors. No attempt is made by Bizhub Asia to identify users or their browsing activities.
If you visit the Deposit Resume website and register on-line for employment opportunities or, visit the client resources site to register a vacancy, we do collect some personal information about you, which you volunteer by filling in your details. The information required may include providing basic personal details such as your name, address, phone number and email address etc. You may also submit your resume or a position description. The information gathered at this point is stored in our database for retrieval and use by Bizhub Asia staff only for the purposes for which it was intended. By submitting your personal information in this way, you acknowledge and accept our personal data protection policy.
We do not disclose any information gathered about your visit to our web site, or personal information that you provide through the Deposit Resume process, such as your name, address etc to any other organisation outside Bizhub Asia, unless required to do so by law.
Responding to the advertisements on non-Bizhub Asia recruitment websites
You can also view our advertisements on authorized third party recruitment websites which may either direct you to the Bizhub Asia website for you to log in and submit your application with personal data, or allow you to submit such data via the submit function of the third party website. If you submit your information to us through a third party website, we will assume that you have consented to allow us to collect, use, and disclose (as described in this statement) your data for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy in relation to the vacancy posted or other vacancies which we may decide to engage in the future.
Uses of your personal data
Your personal data may be used in connection with:
– your actual or possible work placement;
– checking your work rights status with any government department or body (or their agents);
– where legally permitted to undertake directly or through agents criminal reference check with relevant government agencies, or credit checks.
– any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo;
– ensuring our internal business processes are running smoothly which may include quality assurance audits, quality and services evaluations, fulfilling legal requirements and conducting confidential systems maintenance and testing; and to offer you special service offerings.
If you are placed by us in a temporary/contract assignment, your personal data may also be used in connection with:
– payment for work completed on a temporary/contract assignment
– follow up with you to offer you work or ascertain your availability for work
– your performance appraisals;
– our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects;
– our identification of your training needs;
– our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved;
– any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal information.
At all times the personal information that we collect will only be collected to the extent that it is necessary to fulfill these purposes.
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
– potential and actual employers and clients of Bizhub Asia;
– other members of the Bizhub Asia group of companies;
– our insurers;
– any government department or body (or their agents) to verify your work rights status;
– a designated, registered training provider in relation to training and personal development opportunities;
– our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors and database designers
– any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
– prospective employers to use to verify suitability for employment; and
(where permitted by law) third party providers of criminal background or credit checking services.
We will advise you of our intentions and gain consent before we refer your personal information to our clients for possible work opportunities.
Personal data of Referees
The submission of references is essential to the recruitment process as we give critical consideration to any input provided to us by your referees.
In submitting your application, you shall be required to submit the names and other personal data of referees you wish us to contact. Before you give us any personal data about your referees you must notify each referee with the purpose of Bizhub Asia’s use of their personal data and obtain their permission to disclose to us their data for the purposes of evaluating your candidacy for current or future vacancies that we may engage with you from time to time.
If you do not give us the information we seek, we may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you and/or limited in our ability to place you in work.
Security Protection of your information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
We have a number of safety measures in place to protect your information. For example, your personal information is stored in secured offices and in computerized databases which require a log in and password to gain access. Access to the database is only available to those who require such access.
All staff are bound by a confidentiality agreement regarding company and customer information.
Visitors to our premises are always accompanied by a member of staff for the duration of the visit.
We use secure methods to destroy or de-identify personal information as soon as the law permits and provided that the information is no longer needed by us. When you advise us that you are no longer looking for work opportunities and therefore do not wish to be registered with us, we will de-identify your data base record and destroy your personal information, unless you advise us otherwise or unless it is a requirement by law such as retained tax/wages information.
Withdrawal of Your Consent
If you do not want us to continue to use and disclosure of your personal data, please contact our Data Privacy Officer below to state your intention to withdraw consent and we will review your request and respond to you with the implications of such withdrawal.
Access to your information to correct it if it is wrong
You have a right to request access to the personal data we hold about you. If you believe it is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Changes to our personal data protection policy
External sites that are linked to or from the Bizhub Asia web site are not under our control and you are advised to review their Privacy Statement. Users should note there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet and you should therefore make your own assessment of the potential risk to the security of your information.
How we contact you
We may contact you from time to time about jobs and careers advice services. We usually use email, phone and/or by SMS.
How to contact our data privacy officer
If you wish to contact us about any concerns or queries in relation to your personal information please address these during normal office hours to:
T: +65 6226 1272